You are here: Home » Community » Photo Album

Photo Album

Post  Photo Album
Author: Brian  Send Email
Date: 2003-12-15 08:16 AM

Could anyone give me some instruction on how to get Photo Album working on within my "objectis" Plone site?

Thanks in advance. Brian

Comments: order by [Date] [Author] [Subject]

Re:Photo Album (Zyon - 2003-12-15 10:02 AM)

Please read the faq

Re:Re:Photo Album (Brian - 2003-12-16 02:29 AM)

Thanks.... I didn't find much help in the FAQ, but another user emailed me personally with help (thanks DTox).

I have everything installed now, but only those with manager status (in spite of the Album and subdirectories/subfiles being set to published) can view them.

Hints appreciated....I will continue to search.

Brian

Re:Re:Re:Photo Album (davewave - 2003-12-16 09:04 AM)

Maybe you can post on this forum a part of Dtox's answer ? That will then help other people, and we might publish it in the FAQ.

Regarding your rights problem, we'll have a look and try to help.

Help from Dtox (Brian - 2003-12-17 06:49 AM)

Hope you don't mind me posting this, Dtox...thanks

Here's what he sent me. ******* If you have created your photo album in the root folder and it just is not showing up in the navigation you will probably just need to publish it.

If you are asking how to install the Photo Album add on, i.e. do not have CMF Photo Album and CMF Photos in the drop down add menu, then the easiest way to do it is to first install the CMF Quickinstaller Tool add on and then use it to install the CMFPhotoAlbum and CMFPhoto.

To install and use CMF Quickinstaller you need to: 1) Go into the ZMI, Zope Management Interface 2) Then from the drop down add box add CMFQuickInstallerTool. This should add portal_quickinstaller into your root folder. 3) Go to portal_quickinstaller. 4) Select the products you want installed (CMFPhoto & CMFPhotoAlbum) *****

This worked great to install the product, but inspite of permissions being set to anonymous view (in all the right places, I think), the only person who can see the pictures is someone with management rights.

Hmmmmmm.

Permissions fixed (Brian - 2003-12-20 06:52 PM)

I was able to fix my permission problem by setting the security "List folder contents" to "member." Now, the photo album is available to members only. If I set it to anonymous, it is available to all.

Cornyman: You are q (Harunor - 2014-03-12 10:17 PM)

Cornyman: You are quite correct in that you can't priedct the bounce rate. As I stated in the article, I don't like paid to click programs for exactly the reason you mentioned. However, make no mistake that there is a consumer demand for such a service, especially a quality service, which I feel CMF Ads can provide. There is also a great demand for bloggers who wish to generate funds through clicking. A professional marketer might scoff at such an arrangement, but sometimes you have to give the people what they want. So why not do it better than anyone else out there?Months earlier I checked out a site offering similar services. Mind you that the one I picked looked the least sleazy. Ben set up a test landing page that would record page views and unique IP's. The results would have shocked you. Nothing but bots visited. We may have had 3 legit visitors out of the 1000 visits they claimed they sent. To this day I still get spam emails telling me how great their service is. Please, I welcome you to test our service and then compare it to some of the others out there.

Great article Turnip (Medo - 2014-03-13 10:32 AM)

Great article Turnip! I was imsresped enough to buy a spike for each of my blogs. I'm taking a bit of a different approach. I don't want to encourage spam but I like a commenter to say I'm visiting from here at least the first time in addition to commenting on the post. That tells me my advertising is working. The implementation of this new CMF option comes right at the time that most blogs have the holiday messages so other than leaving holiday wishes back there isn't a lot you can say but letting them know they found you through CMF spike is a good idea if you ask me. I honestly don't see a spam problem now or even in the making with CMF spikes. Besides if all comments are moderated you can easily reject those borderline comment spam messages. Maybe I'm missing something. I also don't see where 50 visits will increase your bounce rate all that much especially when compared to other advertising options. Happy Holidays